top of page


Separation / Divorce

Generally, prior to filing an application for a divorce, you must have separated for 12 months. It is preferable to have evidence that you have separated as sometimes disputes may arise in circumstances where one party alleges separation has been less than 12 months.Our office will discuss this with you in more detail. 

You may bring an application either jointly or with your former spouse known as a joint application. If the application is made jointly, you won't need to attend the hearing for your divorce application to be heard. However, you must still serve the application on your former spouse. 

If you bring a sole application for a divorce and you have children under the age of 18 years of age, you will need to attend a court hearing.

bottom of page